Monday 13 April 2015

Top tips to lighten your hair

Hello Everybody,
Before I had my hair highlighted, which was done in the shade 'sun-kissed', I used many homemade ways to lighten my hair, but dont worry! If DIY isn't for you, I'll include some stuff about drugstore products that are available. So, I thought I'd share my top tips with you!

When life gives you lemons...

...Use them to lighten your hair! Many have heard of this method as I believe that it is commonly used. Lemon Juice is a citric acid, and when it heats up in the sun , it opens up the cuticle and the pigment is lifted out the hair. To do this, apply lemon juice to your hair before going outdoors on a sunny day. You can also mix orange and lemon juice together for a more golden highlight, and if you have darker hair this will leave you with caramel highlights! Sit in the sun for approximately 1-2 hours, before shampooing and conditioning your hair as normal. 

Sweets for my sweets, sugar for my...

...Honey! Yes, honey can lighten your hair-well, honey and a few other ingredients. Mix some honey with water and then leave it in your hair for over 2 hours, when your hair is  covered by a shower cap. Then wash and condition your hair as normal.


Sun kissed lightening spray.

I have this spray by Lee Stafford, and normally his products smell really nice, however, this particular one does not. In fact, I hate it's smell! Smell aside, this product does seem to work very subtly and I do not think I will be purchasing this again-besides the fact that I like it.


Thankyou for reading lovelies, and there are more lightening products to buy online, in drugstores (like boots) or if home remedies are for you... Work it!

No comments:

Post a Comment