Friday 1 May 2015

Head to Head - Rimmel Mascaras

Hello everybody,
So my last 'Head to Head' seemed to be popular, so I have decided to write another one... On Rimmel mascaras! Hope you enjoy!
Before we compare products, here is just a summary of each product!


Rimmel London-'Volume Flash Scandal Eyes Mascara'

I purchased this mascara when a close friend recommended it to me. I love this product, and might even find myself purchasing it again. Although, I do find that throughout the day I need to top it up, as it does wear off! This is about the only negative thing I can say about this mascara!  

Rimmel London-'Scandal Eyes Rockin' Curves Mascara'

This mascara was a gift at Christmas last year (2014), and I have loved it ever since-despite the fact that I have somewhat replaced it with the 'Volume Flash'! I find the wand makes it super easy to apply, however it can clump quite frequently! 

The Wand

Both can 'glide' through your lashes smoothly, but the 'Scandal Eyes, Rockin' Curves Mascara' has a curved applicator, which does make the mascara spread more easily over your eyelashes.  I find that with the 'Rockin' Curves' mascara, the very end of the wand tends to leave a small clump of mascara on my inner eyelashes, which can be very irritating. However, the 'Volume Flash' mascara's brush does go through your lashes easier, and tends to clump less. I definitely prefer the 'Volume Flash'.
Above: Volume Flash Mascara Wand

Above: Rockin' Curves Mascara Wand


Texture/Consistency

'Volume Flash' has a ever so thicker consistency than 'Rockin' Curves'. I think that the 'Rockin Curves' mascara has a stickier texture and I believe this is why it can be clumpier. 

Packaging

I find the 'Volume Flash' a more attractive packaging than the 'Rockin' Curves' and I think this is because it's simpler. The 'Rockin' Curves' has a textured "body" and to help create the scales effect, the colour scheme is red and black. I just think the 'Volume Flash''s solid colour design makes it stand out more, and so much easier to read! 
Above: Rockin' Curves Mascara 

Above: Volume Flash Mascara


I hope you have enjoyed this 'Head To Head', and I do promise that not all of them will be on Rimmel products!! if you would like to read my other 'Head to Head' review on Rimmel Foundations, please click here.
Love from L xx

No comments:

Post a Comment