Monday 24 August 2015

Paper Towns Review | Film

Good Morning!
Recently I went to see the new film 'Paper Towns' based on a well known novel, by John Green. Here is the plot in a nutshell, along with my review of the film.

Plot

After a series of pranks that last all night, Quentin's lifelong crush, Margo (Cara Delevingne), disappears... Again. She leaves Quentin (Nat Wolff) a series of clues behind that Q (along with his two best friends (Radar and Ben), Margo's friend Lacey and Radar's girlfriend Angela) follow on a 'road-trip of a lifetime'.



My Review

To me, this film was not as good as expected. As harsh as I sound, I lost interest when Quentin was in the middle of finding all the clues Margo left behind. It seemed to perk up again on the road-trip which has some funny snippets, but when Q eventually finds Margo it all seemed a little bit pointless when it turns out she actually didn't want him to follow the clues she left behind. This made me think why she left so many and not just a few? 
My favourite part had to be when the two (Margo and Quentin) pull hilarious pranks through the night. Overall, I rate it a 6/7 out of 10, it was just as much about Q's friendship with his two best friends as it was about his relationship with Margo. 

Love from The Blogging Box xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment