Monday 31 August 2015

Healthy Breakfast Ideas | Back To School

Hello Everybody,
It seems like forever since I did a blog post, but in reality it was less than a week ago. Here I have put together (and test

ed) some healthy, quick and yummy breakfast ideas-perfect for going back to school. 


Natural Yoghurt

Adding different fruits again to some natural, low fat yoghurt can make a healthy breakfast. I like to add a handful of oats on top to give me extra energy throughout the day, and to thicken the mixture.





Porridge

Porridge is one of my favourite things to have for breakfast. It can be made with oats and water, but I prefer it with milk instead of water. The oats will give you a slow release of energy throughout the day.
To make it, simply add some oats into a pan before adding some milk, and cooking it on a low heat for about five minutes. If you prefer to use a microwave then pop it in for five minutes. 
The great thing about porridge is that you can change the flavour of it to suit you, by adding different fruits and jam/honey. My personal favourites are Strawberry and Banana, Banana and Honey, Blueberries and a splodge of jam (any flavour). 

Smoothies


Strawberry and Banana 

Simply prepare some strawberries (roughly around the 250g mark) and chop up one peeled, banana. Add this to a blender along with some natural yoghurt (amount depending on how thick you want it-I usually add about three large spoonfuls) and blend until it's all nice and smooth. 
Depending on what you like, you can also add some honey (I recommend about 15ml). To top it off, add some oats to give you extra energy!

Banana and Blueberry

This is another one of my favourites, and to make this simply add 1 cup of low fat yoghurt, 1 cup of blueberries, 1 (sliced) banana and 1 cup of milk to a blender and blend it all until smooth. To finish, add some oats to the top. 

Love The Blogging Box xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment